JANUARY MONTHLY MEETING
3rd Annual Book Swap – New Year, New Knowledge
- Connect: get to know one another better - personally & professionally
- Learn: share knowledge informally during the book exchange
- Enjoy: fellowship + creative responses (and humor) of the game
Please bring a gift-wrapped/bagged book that is meaningful to you – perhaps a book from your own library to ‘pay it forward’ or one from a second hand bookstore. Don’t spend a lot of money – it’s the thought that counts!
The game is similar to a traditional white elephant gift exchange — each person in turn will unwrap a book or ‘steal’ one that someone else has already opened. Unlike ‘white elephants’ (which are often useless), the books are ‘gold elephants’ that will contain some unique nuggets of wisdom when opened (or stolen) by the right recipient! Discovering the golden nuggets will be part of the game as people talk about the books they give (and the ones they get)!
Details for Golden Elephant Book Exchange:
- Bring a gift wrapped or gift bagged book.
- On the front cover include a note/sticky note that includes what was meaningful for you about this book. You may want to add one or two pearls of wisdom from the book.
- Type of book to bring – one that had a strong impact on in the previous year, one you revisited, learned more about, or one you use in your practice.
- If possible gift the book from your own collection with notes and highlighting in it to pass along those extra components. A new book is also acceptable.
· As everyone comes to the event, they will turn in the wrapped or packaged book and draw a number from a basket. The number gives them their order in the exchange.
· We will have a 3 steal max rule in place.Let's ring in the new year by exchanging knowledge and having some fun!
We hope you will choose to join us for this exciting opportunity to learn with a group of outstanding coaches and to find the support and solutions you need to be an outstanding professional coach in our Greater Austin community and beyond.
Keep in touch as a Members or Affiliates,
Join use on our private Facebook Group
WHERE IS THE MEETING?
4214 Capital of Texas Hwy N., Room 5A (In the room next to our normal room in the same building)
Austin, TX 78746
6:00 - 6:30 PM - Event Check-In & Social Time
6:30 - 6:40 PM - Chapter Business
6:40 - 8:30 PM - Guest Presentation & discussion
Plenty of free parking!
MEETING ACTIVITY FEES:
Whether a coach or not, everyone is welcome to attend our meetings. The cost of admission for all is a BOOK!We welcome everyone!