Apply to Speak
Thank you for your interest in speaking at one of our events. The information on this page will help you to understand the content we like to provide or members, speaker requirements as well as the link to the speaker application.
ICF Greater Austin is a chapter of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) committed to advancing the art, science and practice of professional coaching.
We're an interdependent community of professionals committed to the ICF core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration and respect as well as to the ICF core coaching competencies. This commitment includes, modeling coaching excellence, advancing public awareness, as well as providing relevant research to both coaches and consumers alike. We serve people at all system levels ranging from individuals to groups, organizations, and communities.
Our monthly meetings are a gathering place in which members and allied professionals come together for instruction and guidance on topics, tools, models and current trends related to the profession of coaching.
- High quality content for coach practitioners – We appreciate your expertise and command of your topic area but please keep in mind the audience will all be practicing coaches. We have both internal and external coaches who specialize in diverse areas of business, executive and life coaching. They also have taken the step of certifying through the International Coach Federation, which demonstrates a commitment to self-improvement and quality that is optional in our industry. Our audience will appreciate theory but also expect to receive tools, techniques and information that they can easily apply in their own coaching practices.
- Relationship to ICF Core Competencies – We look for speakers who will clearly connect their content to the ICF Core Competencies for coaches or speak on topics that compliment the coaching industry such as the latest information about human behavior, neuroscience or the science of coaching. We schedule a very limited number of speakers who are focused on business development for coaches.
- Interactive workshop format with audience participation – We request that you provide audience participation throughout your presentation, including but not limited to case studies, demonstrations, discussion and other activities that directly engage the audience to the greatest practical extent. Best practices in adult learning will apply here.
- Topic Length and Program Time – Our monthly meetings are held the 4th Tuesday evening of each month from 6:00pm–8:00pm at an easily accessible northwest Austin venue. The program begins promptly at 6:30pm. We invite speakers to plan on presenting for 60 minutes and include 10 minutes of Q&A with attendees.
- Marketing and Promotion– Speakers may use one slide to showcase their coaching program/opportunity and provide their contact information, however, we do not allow speakers to hard sale their services or products and we do not provide the attendee list for mass mailings. Speakers may use the ICF Greater Austin logo to promote their speaking activities.
Additional Things to Consider
- Will you make your slides available to participants after the presentation?
- Do you have any additional tools, educational opportunities, reading list or handouts to share with participants?
- Please note: We do not provide or offer a speaker honorarium. If you require an honorarium to speak, please do not submit a proposal.
If you have any questions, please email the Program Director.
Preparing Your Proposal
Are you ready to present at one of our events? Here are some next steps that will help you with the speaker application.
1. Review the ICF Definition of Coaching – this defines the WHAT of ICF coaching;
"The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential."
2. Review the ICF Core Competencies and the ICF Ethics & Standards on the ICF website – these define the HOW of ICF coaching;
3. Determine how your presentation can best address the professional development needs of our members within the contexts of these guidelines listed above.
4. Complete the Speaker Application
5. Please allow 5-10 business days response time during non-holiday seasons.