JUNE MONTHLY MEETING
Geri England presents:
"Connecting Through Story: Leveraging the Power of Story for Success"
Explore how stories can help you be a better coach, leader and influencer. We all have natural skills that enable us to connect powerfully with others - if we use them. However, many people either fail to realize they possess these skills or don’t leverage them for the maximum benefit to serve others. These are the skills of storytelling and story listening! Sharing your stories helps you to convey your messages more effectively enabling you to attract more clients and followers. Being able to identify the empowering and dis-empowering stories in your own life as well as your client's lives can significantly enhance your relationships and re-engage people in your organizations.
During this program we will explore:
- Why story and Storytelling?
- Neuroscience behind the power of story and storytelling
- Story listening and coaching
- Story in organizational change work
- Power stories for influencing
- Story structure
- Story applications
- Understand the power of story and storytelling for powerful connections
- Use effective story listening to recognize types of story a client is telling
- Locate “good news” stories within organizations for positive change
- Identify the types of stories to know and tell for influencing others
Geri England, MS, MEd, is President of Positive Change Workz and creator of the Discover Your Story to Success© System. She is a co-active professional certified coach (CTI), certified Story Coach, and John Maxwell Team Coach/Trainer as well as an OD consultant and Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner. She serves on the faculty of the University of Texas, Masters Programs in Organization Behavior and Executive Coaching Executive and Professional Coaching Certification. She has been a member of the Tejas Storytelling Association and local Dallas storytelling community for 25 years.http://geriengland.com/
WHERE IS THE MEETING?
4214 Capital of Texas Hwy N., Room 5B
Austin, TX 78746
6:00 - 6:30 PM - Event Check-In & Social Time
6:30 - 6:40 PM - Chapter Business
6:40 - 8:30 PM - Guest Presentation & discussion
Plenty of free parking!
MEETING ACTIVITY FEES:
Whether a coach or not, everyone is welcome to attend our meetings. The following fees cover activities and meeting costs:
We welcome everyone!
- ICF Local (Austin) Members and Affiliates - FREE
- ICF Global Members, Non-ICF Local Members -$20
- Guests (Non ICF-Local or Global Members) - $20