- Approve new members in chapter online dashboard
- Alert and assist members to renew annual membership
- Assist members to become involved in the chapter
- Optional/Growth Opportunities
- Develop new member packet
- Help members understand that volunteering with ICF is volunteering
Works closest with
Community Outreach Director
Commentary on Position
Takes more time to learn that I imagined. Once the job basics are learned, it takes 8-10 hours per month.
Members have not been quick to volunteer for committees or board service. They seem eager to volunteer with outreach opportunities outside the chapter (Mission Capital, etc), but do not view ICF Chapter as a viable channel for their volunteer hours.
Key Challenges in this Position
- Member apathy
- All board members are required to attend the monthly virtual board meeting via Zoom which currently takes place on the second Monday of each month from 12-1:30pm as well as to provide an overview of their month-to-month actions on the Board Agenda. Each board member is also expected to attend the majority of monthly chapter events each calendar year.
Apply to Serve on the Board
- Willingness and ability to complete responsibilities outlined above
- Must be an ICF Global member and ICF Austin Chapter member in good standing
- Have a genuine interest in the mission of the organization
- Time and energy to commit to executing requirements of role
Please make sure you log-in to your ICF Austin account first before you hit the button.
Complete the Board Nomination Form